Monday, January 11, 2010

Over coming my addiction

Today I was listening to the radio on my way back from the train. This song played that I had to have heard at least fifty times from working at Neiman Marcus. My mom brought it to my attention to listen carefully to the words of the song. As soon as I heard them my emotions became so clear. I finally realized why I've been so happy and at peace lately. I finally moved on from my ex. My old eating habits are starting to set back in because I'm not depressed. This whole time I thought I was feeling pretty average. Not ONCE did I think I was in a state of depression. There were a few lines in that song that got me. "It started with a perfect kiss then we felt the poison set in" something along those lines lol. The other was "We were always meant to say goodbye". Why did those particular quotes hit home and cause this enlightenment I have no clue. I guess it had to be the right time and place for me to realize what was right in front of me. I will always love my ex cause she was my first. Now that love is kind of different, I love her like one of my friends, the romance part is kinda...gone. Normally I would think this is terrible but its exactly what I needed. Obviously the romance left her awhile ago to seek other people, so I shouldn't feel guilty about that and I'm glad I don't.. Anyway I'm glad I have her as a good friend and I'm glad I have my good friends at work that put up with my bullshit too. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment