Monday, January 18, 2010

Air Force?

So my cousin Eddy is a Sergent in the marines. I would say besides my mother he is the one person I look up to the most. It's not just because he is in the Marines, I always have because he made being a good kid and doing the right thing cool. No matter all the things he's seen, the neighborhood we both grew up in he hasn't let it get to him. There is a lot of times we email each other and talk, a lot of times he loses hope with being in the war. There is one thing that all the Colon's have and that's a lot of heart. I remind him of home, our family, and how much pride we have of him and that keeps him motivated. For the longest time I wanted to join the Marines just like him. I've always had this urge that I'm meant for so much more then just sitting in a classroom teaching a bunch of hormonal high school students. I want to save people, I want to fight for something that's worth fighting for. He told me I'm not allowed to join the Marines but If I was ever really serious to check out the Air Force and be apart of the search and rescue unit. It's were you jump out of jets to find wounded soldiers on the field. It's something that I would like to be apart of. The only thing holding me back is my family...especially my mom. It would kill her if I ever joined. The only problem is it's the one thing I think were my passion really resides. I have no girlfriend, so this is the perfect chance to do it. Four years of saving peoples live, how awesome would that be? I started sparing at the UGB in Queens like I used to back in freshman year of high school, I don't have a spot on the team cause they don't have any in my weight rank yet unless I bulk up. I've been trying so hard since forever and nothing works. If I don't bulk up then how can I be in the Air Force? Everyone says I'm so lucky being skinny...but It's one of the main things holding me back from my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment