Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Island Of Hoolamakoo

Close your eyes and begin to see
Our secret carribean fantasy
An island filled with family and friends
A place where joy and happiness has no end
The lushious sand is as white as snow
The palm trees where the finest coconuts grow
The water is bluer then the sky
There are no pests, not even a fly
There is a cozy hut that's just for two
A hammock for me and one for you
So anytime you need to leave
Take my hand and just believe

(c) Lauren Colon



This might be a tad bit on the corny side HOWEVER, when I was little my mom used to tell me, about this "island" where everything was perfect, so when I was upset it soothed me, When I was old enough I think i made this in seventh grade, i wrote a poem and got awards for it and it was published haha. This poem sometimes helps me to this day :D alright yeah so I'm done being corny lol Hopefully I can eat soon this kid is HUNGRY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment