I'm happy being single. Most of the time I'm not that lonely. Although in certain situations I feel it more. Like right now sitting on the train by myself of the way to the city with nobody to keep me company on the phone or even txt on the way there. Nobody missing me while I'm away (besides my family) and nobody anxious for me to return. But hey, this is the life I chose. If I was desperate for relationships like most people id be in one. Stronger people are the ones who could be alone.
On another note I can't wait to get to the Bronx. Taking trains, eating fuckin amazing spanish food, walking to bodegas to get whatever I need. Just all of that reminds me so much of my childhood. I feel more free and alive there everytime I go back. I feel so much more independant cause you have to be. You have to look out for yourself and everything around you and to me, that part is thrilling. Not that you don't have to do that anywhere you go but being there is more real. Half of the people who grew up in long island are in la la land 80% of the time. Leaving doors unlocked. Going for jogs by themselves. Little things that they take for granite there are life and death situations where I come from. Even looking the wrong way or having your aura wrong can get you killed. Its the way you carry yourself that helps you survive. In queens you never under estimate anyone. Because even the smallest person could be the most powerful. Pretty must everyone carries something with them. I got my little daggers inside my coat as we speak. I just feel like when your a kid in the city you grow up faster. You become wiser and more mature because in a hostile enviorment there is no room for making foolish mistakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment