Monday, September 7, 2009
Mature?
I have just recently come back from a four day cruise in Canada. I know what your thinking..."omfg Canada? that's lame." I actually had the best time of my life, and it wasn't so much getting shit faced and dancing with random girls. It was spending time with my family. This past year I have been working so hard so I can be establishing myself in this world. I want to be the provider for myself and who ever lives with me. I help support my mother and myself and that's something a lot of 19 yr olds wouldn't do. Most kids would drop 100 no prob on some jeans, but I'll give her a 100 bucks just because. I don't have to, its that I want to. Taking that vacation put me so much at ease from all that working that I see things a lot clearly now. I know how to have a good time without caring what people think. I also learned to have confidence in myself which is something I have always lacked. Now I'm going to college and holding a steady job. Its funny everyone said I would never mature. But I'm the one who matured the most in such a short time. Yeah it took me awhile, but at least I got my priorities straight now. For awhile I was obsessed with trying to see how many girls I can get. But you know what that don't even matter that much to me. What matters to me is doing everything I need to do for me. So why would i make Canada a factor in this deep conversation about the growing pains of life? Well in Canada I got recognized as being a mature adult. A couple we met on the ship that we where hanging out with said that I had to be the most mature and good natured kid they seen in awhile and that hanging out with me was like hanging out with one of their friends not some 19 yr old kid. It felt good that all that hard work payed off more then just a 700 dollar pay check every 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong I ain't all that mature, probably not even close. The thing is I have MATURED and that's pretty cool. I'm still a flippin goof ball though that wont change :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment